Wednesday, January 7, 2009

THANK GOD IT IS 2009

I WON! I beat 2008!! 2008 is no longer here and I AM! I beat it, I WON! HA!

Ok now that I feel a little better I will explain: We had a rough year. Rough. There are things that happened that were very bad that I never wrote about on here because I didn't want to dwell on the negative, only the positive and being thankful for what good did happen and how that I TRULY feel grateful that things are not worse than what they could have been. I look back to my first post before anything really happened and my thoughts were to be thankful for everything, well, I think that was God's way of preparing me for the rough year to come. If I would have not thought to be conscienciously thankful then I would have wollowed in self pity and not looked at the bright side and fallen into depression. We are on the other side of many of the challenges, beginning others, but still here. We have faced difficult things and yet we are still together, our family is still together. That in itself is a blessing to be thankful for. But there's MORE, I have a husband who still loves me in spite of the things I do. We had a great Christmas despite what the checkbook said. We were able to stock our pantry and freezer and fridge with food. The kids got things they wanted for Christmas. We spent time with family and still love eachother. I got a new job, Ramon got a new job with a base pay plus salary! Daniel is doing great in school and with Basketball. Josiah is growing more responsible, Zoe is excelling in school, Ezra is becoming his own person, Gabriel is potty training. Ramon started his 2009 goals before 2009. I got a new neice. My parents are still awesome. I love my brother and his wife and children. I have an incredible church with Pastors who care about me. I have good friends who care. If I'm not thankful for all of that then I lost sight of what my life is all about. I could have just given up but I didn't. I'm thankful that I got through it with my thankfulness in tact. I'm thankful that God was with me through it all, and showed Himself to me in ways that I KNEW He was there. Next post, All the answered prayers!

1 comment: