Sunday, May 11, 2008

I Appreciate my MOM!

Happy Mother's Day out there to all you mothers! What an honor and privilege to be someones mom! I am so thankful for this Mother's Day, my husband went all out for breakfast and dinner/lunch for me!! 3 cheese omelet, steak with melted cheese, Brussels sprouts, YUMMY!!!!
I wrote a "poem" or whatever you want to call it for my mom, here it is:

I don't remember the exact moment it happened
But I really appreciate having YOU as my mother.
As a teen when you would listen with both ears,
As a child helping me with all the projects I had
And making it fun,
As a young adult, treating me as such and as a friend
Instead of a big child, even though I always will be,
And now as a mother myself, knowing what I know and
Realizing everything and more of what you went through
Since the day I was born
I truly appreciate, thank and honor you!

I am so thankful for my mother. She is a really fun person, full of life. She has done so much for me, not the least of which is protect me from horrible things and make it fun to be part of the family so that I didn't have to look elsewhere to find acceptance and love. I hope I can instill that in my children. What a massively huge job that is! Can seem overwhelming sometimes but after today's sermon (thanks Pastor Rena!) there's GRACE to cover me. Grace is God's ability to do through me what I can't do by myself. I can't mother my 5 children by myself. I can do it with and through God which is GRACE! Thank you Lord for Grace. I never want to forget that otherwise the weight of the world is on me, this way it is on the Lord where it should be anyway!
I'm so thankful that I am a mother, God has used it to show me so many things about Him. WOW so much to say about the subject of motherhood. For now, I will leave it at that and let it soak in for a while.

No comments: