Sunday, January 13, 2008

the BOMB that went off after I said I would be thankful for everything!

OK so this blog was supposed to be about "think about what you think about" and I am only going to touch on that briefly. What do you think about? What is your mind on all day? Is that good for you? Keep your mind stayed on Him! He knows what you are thinking about. Thinking is just the first step to talking about something you shouldn't say, so rip those thoughts from your mind! Think about good perfect and wonderful things the Lord has done for you! Be thankful, sometimes you have to think a little harder, but then when you THINK to be thankful you will be thinking of better things!!
Now, I started this blog at the beginning of December, thinking that I would write something everyday and the next week would be each of my children and husband and then the church and my pastors and then my parents and then my brother and his wife and my neice and nephew......... then the bomb went off. After almost 4 years in our beautiful house, the first one we bought, in a great neighborhood, after 14 moves (in 10 years)........ we have to sell. Yes. I said sell it and move once again, with 5 children now (we added him less than 2 years ago). And after starting this blog and saying I was thankful for everything! I ended up laughing hysterically because it's just like the Lord to prepare our hearts for something like this. I expected it but I didn't want it to happen. Now, it is going to happen. What is there to be thankful for? I was going over this in my mind because I was ready to shut this blog down and say forget it, I'm not thankful for THIS! But then I know my God, I know He has a plan for me, He knows what's around the corner, He knows what I don't know. I am so thankful for that. I can trust in that. Maybe there's a bigger house in my future! We are in a 1600 square foot house with 7 people, we could use a little more room. I knew we would have to move eventually, because we will have 3 teenagers in 8 years and continue to have 3-4 teens in our house for a long time. We will be busting out at the seams! So I knew it was going to happen, I just didn't want it to happen this year! So much for what I want! But its ok, and I say that with a great deal of non-sarcasm, because life is not all about me and what I want. I live my life for the glory of God and I just have to be obedient and do it!
So what am I thankful for in regards to this turn of events: 1. it's my chance to get rid of tons of junk we have laying around 2. my chance to get organized 3. we can stop making an enormous house payment 4. we will be renting after we move so no more mowing the lawn or fixing broken furnaces ourselves 5. by making a lower housing payment, it will be a way to get out of debt completely 6. we will be able to get a bigger house to buy next time we buy 7. we will make it an adventure 8. we will get money out of it to pay off tons of debt. Now most of this is not guaranteed to happen, but I want the best out of this situation! I expect for God to do great things because we did what He wanted us to do, that is not wishful thinking it is expecting God to move on my behalf! There was a story about a golfer who was invited by the king of Saudia Arabia to come golf with him. The king sent over a private luxurious jet to fly him over for a week of total pampering, royal treatment and golfing, any golfers dream, right? yes! Well, at the end of the week the golfer was leaving and thanking the king for everything, but the king was not finished. The king was thankful to the golfer for coming and for teaching him new swings and such, so he wanted to give the golfer something to remember the trip by. He said whatever you want just ask so that I may give it to you, anything. The golfer said no you don't have to do that you have given me so much already. But the king was insistent and so the golfer who collected golf clubs said OK how about a golf club. The king was satisfied and said great, it will be yours! So the golfer went home and waited for his club, would it be solid gold? would it be an old antique one worth thousands of dollars? After waiting several weeks and nothing, he was ok but still wondered. Then a certified letter came to him from the king. It wasn't what he expected, he expected a box. Inside the envelope was a deed to his very own golf course (golf "club")!! I am a child of the KING OF KINGS, I should expect wonderous things from the Lord! He has everything at His disposal! You and I are not a pawns on the chess board of life, we are sons and daughters of a KING! Even if something looks like a bad situation, God knows and He is right there with you and leading you all the way.

1 comment:

Etta :) said...

OH honey! I am so sorry you have to sell your house. I can truly relate. We had lived with my Parents for about 18 months while looking to purchase our first home. During that time, we had baby #4 and our oldest daughter started Kindergarten. We prayed and one day we happened upon a house that we both fell in love with. The only problem was if we could get a loan, the house was a little bit out of our price range. I persevered until we did get approved. We lived there for a little more than three years, until we had to give up the dream house to move over 1,000 miles away.

But you are so right to be counting
your blessings and naming them one by one. To be finding what you are thankful for. Our God is an awesome God and He will supply overly and abundantly the things we need and that which we never thought was possible! I am certain He has something better for you guys just around the corner. So, don't worry, be happy!