Thursday, February 7, 2008

I am thankful for my children!

Just a quick note, there is lots going on this week! I have been reading about a family who have 6 children and they ALL have Autism. Can you imagine 6 children and all of them with some form of Autism. Some are high functioning, but others like a 6 year old is still in diapers. It is an incredible story as they all were diagnosed in 2006 even the oldest was 11 or 12 when the diagnoses came. I can get frustrated with my kids, especially when I tell them things and they ignore it and mess things up. It really bothers me. But after reading about their story (there is a video to watch at abcnews.com, too) on this blog http://www.autismbitestheblog.blogspot.com/
I have to think twice about my kids. Tonight, my oldest has tons of homework, he missed yesterday and he has an oral report and a spelling test tomorrow. Well, he has taken it upon himself to fix everything in the house, from game systems to arguements between siblings, and doing everything BUT homework. This has been the better part of an hour. Now, he's telling me he can barely move his hand because he's been writing so much. I got really frustrated with him earlier and had to go to this blog and read about all the things they have to deal with and then go back to my Daniel and be ever more patient. Oh, because he has basketball tonight too, arrrrrggg. But, nothing is impossible with the living God. And on Him I have my trust, in all things. This day shall pass and be only a memory in a few days. God is here and God is there! What a marvelous thing.
Thank you Lord for the problems my kids have, for they could be much worse!!

1 comment:

Etta :) said...

Oh yes. I always feel especially blessed when I hear stories like this. It humbles me. Whenever times are tough, money is short, food is scarce - not only do I call on the Lord but I also try to keep a spirit of thankfulness. Jim always says "no matter how hard this trial is for us, there are those who have it worse. Be thankful for the roof over your head, the warm bed to sleep in at night, the clothes on your back, and our healthy children". And so I do. Sometimes my husband surprises me with his wisdom. SOMETIMES. lol